We’ll get you back in the game.
Whether you are an elite athlete or weekend warrior, sports injuries can be a common and frustrating problem.
Our Physiotherapists have extensive experience with sports injuries:
- Adam Lin has been heavily involved with club and professional rugby for 10 years in New Zealand, he’s also passionate about the mechanics underlying tennis and basketball!
- For 20 years Carin Penberthy has been helping triathletes, cyclists, runners, footballers and golfers.
- Rebecca Deluca has a special interest in Dance Physiotherapy. She has been a profession Highland Dancer and is also a qualified adjudicator on the world-wide panel of Scottish Highland Dance.
- Jeremy Wisdom has been an avid runner for years and is an experienced cross country trainer. Jeremy also has a passion for footballers ailments!
Many sports injuries are caused from overuse and over training, such as runner’s knee or tennis elbow where the player pushes their body to the limit.
These injuries can also occur due to under training or poor training practices.
Common sports injuries that we treat include:
- Muscle strains – eg calf, hamstring, back
- Shoulder tendonitis / impingement / instability
- Hip and knee injuries – meniscus tears, ACL rehabilitation
- Tendon injuries
- Ankle sprains / instability
- Back pain
- Joint or ligament sprains
We provide a whole-body assessment and treatment to get you moving again.
Your consult may include exercise education to regain mobility, strength, and stability as well as address underlying causal factors such as biomechanics, agility, power and injury prevention and management.
At Wisdom Physiotherapy, we would love to work with you to get you back to the sport you love as quick as possible!