Titled Women’s Health Physiotherapist
I just love physiotherapy and enjoy helping people reach their full potential. I find the human body and the way it works amazing.
I chose to specialise in Women’s, Men’s and Children’s Pelvic Health after hearing an increasing number of stories from friends and family members, where so many women were struggling with continence or prolapse issues post-childbirth or during menopause. This made me realise how important this area was within physiotherapy and spurred me on to learn more.
I’ve been a physiotherapist for over 10 years and have clinical experience in Continence and Women’s Health and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy. I have completed two degrees, a Postgraduate Masters Degree in Continence and Women’s Health Physiotherapy and a Bachelor of Physiotherapy, both at Curtin University.
I like to address all the areas which may be impacting your Continence and Pelvic Health. These areas include your pelvic floor, abdominals, exercise, stressors, diet, bowels and many others.
When I’m not working, my husband and I are actively trying to find ways to tire out our very active 4-year-old boy, while looking after a baby at the same time.
My areas of special clinical interest include:
- Continence issues (Stress Urinary Incontinence, overactive bladder, urge urinary incontinence)
- Antenatal and Postnatal care – (back or wrist pain, exercise, rectus abdominus diastasis, haemorrhoids, perineal trauma)
- Breastfeeding issues (mastitis, blocked ducts, and cracked nipples)
- Pelvic pain (dyspareunia, chronic pelvic pain, painful bladder syndrome)
- Pessary fittings
- Painful periods
- Faecal incontinence
- Male pre and post-prostatectomy
- Children daytime bladder leakage
- Nocturnal enuresis (or bed wetting)
To make an appointment with Amy Tinetti, call (08) 6389 2947 or click here to book online.
Articles by Amy:
- Pelvic Floor Check-Up: Have You Had Yours?
- All About Diastasis Recti Abdominus (tummy muscle separation)
- Painful Periods
- Help I Have A Prolapse!
- Common Bladder And Bowel Issues Post-Pregnancy
- Laser Therapy For Cracked Nipples (Breastfeeding) – How It Works
- Therapeutic Ultrasound for Blocked Ducts During Breastfeeding