The Yoga for Arthritis program is an 8-week evidence based program of yoga education and Hatha yoga classes which was developed by an interdisciplinary team at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore (MD, U.S.A) specifically for people with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
After an initial assessment, your Physiotherapist & Yoga instructor (Jane Leslie) will guide you through a series of yoga poses, each session will build upon the previous week. Close attention is paid to your individual requirements. Clients are coached in self practice with one self-session encouraged each week. We currently only offer private sessions.
Each class includes:
- Group discussion (based around Student Manual material provided)
- Asana (body posture) practice
- Breathing awareness
The course is claimable on your private health insurance and includes one 60 minute session per week for 8 weeks, all equipment and a student manual.
Call us on (08) 6389 2947 or click here to arrange your initial assessment online.
See our article: Promising Advances in Yoga Research for Arthritis sufferers
What you can expect:
These are the benefits you can expect:
- Full physical assessment by qualified Physiotherapist and Yoga teacher
- Identification of current concerns and tailored program to assist
- Injury prevention through retraining, conditioning and education
- Tools and skills for self-management and individual practice
- Improved feeling of overall wellness